The SGE 150 Gas Mask has a 180-degree peripheral viewing area and is coated to absorb ultraviolet rays. The Face Seal is soft and has a Spring Effect designed in the S Shape rubber seal. This allows the mask to be worn for an extended time of up to 120 hours. The mask has been tested to prevent mustard gas from penetrating up to 50 hours and has a property resin sealed in the inside and outside of the face shield for this purpose which also makes the face shields scratch resistant. The SGE 150 can be decontaminated if necessary in boiling water. The mask was tested to resist a one-inch steel ball, that was propelled at 335 MPH without cracking or damaging the face shield. The mask was tested for heat resistance and will not catch fire or melt at 800 Degrees C (1472 F) for 5 Sec. or 200 degrees C (372 F) for 6 Min. The mouth and nose fit in a second oral-nasal mask within the main mask which allows talking.
The SGE 150 full-face mask is fitted by means of a headpiece with six straps. These can be adjusted to ensure a perfect fit over the face. The internal nose and mouthpiece allow the air inhaled to pass through the visor without causing condensation or misting. It also reduces unused space inside the mask to prevent the build-up of carbon dioxide from the air exhaled.
- Soft inner orinasal
- Quick-release harness with six adjustable straps
- Controlled airflow prevents fogging of the visor.
- Extremely durable polycarbonate visor has been tested to resist a one-inch steel ball, that was propelled at 335 MPH without cracking or damaging the face shield
- The mask was also tested for heat resistance and will not catch fire or melt at 800 Degrees C (1472 F) for 5 Sec. or 200 degrees C (372 F) for a duration of 6 Min
- The full face mask meets the requirements of EN 136 and are CE marked
- Can be used with all standard 40mm NATO threaded filters in compliance with EN 148-1 (DIN 3183) and with powered respirators and airlines
- Visor is made of impact-resistant Polycarbonate
- Inner mask is made of Anallergic silicone and rubber face seal
- Total weight (without filter) is 1.1 lbs (530 grams)
- Produced under strict ISO 9002 quality standards for maximum reliability & safety.
- When used with NBC rated filters, this mask is certified by the manufacturer to provide NBC protection.