No products in the cart.
UCO Candle Lantern
- Collapses down to 4.25″ in height.
- Lightweight, durable aluminum or brass construction.
- Easy-slide glass chimney allows easy access to candle for lighting.
- Spring-loaded candle tube burns candles efficiently.
- 9-hour candle is efficient and reliable.
- Carrying handle, hanging bail, twist-lock base, and candle viewing slot.
- Specially designed vent in base provides air supply.
- Warms tent and removes condensation.
- Side reflector clips on easily and directs light to one side.
- Neoprene Cocoon slides on easily and helps prevent scratching, denting, and breakage.
- Compatible with Leave No Trace ethics.
The Original Candle Lantern is available with a Side Reflector to direct lighting and a Cocoon to prevent glass breakage and denting of the lantern. This is the classic, long-burning, collapsible Original Candle Lantern that has provided warm, natural light to millions of outdoor enthusiasts for decades. It is perfectly suited to backpacking, mountaineering, snow camping, and similar outdoor pursuits. Lightweight and compact, the Original Candle Lantern provides 9 hours of warm light from a single candle, surrounding it in the safest, most efficient lantern housing available anywhere. The lightweight aluminum or brass frame holds the glass chimney securely in place, creating a windproof environment for the flame. And the unique, easy-slide chimney allows the glass to slide down into the lantern, making the candle easier than ever to light. The spring-powered candle tube pushes the candle up as it burns, keeping the flame burning at a constant height. A viewing slot on the side of the lantern allows the user to monitor the slow burning candle for remaining burn time.
The image of a glowing tent in the wilderness night, stars and moon overhead, is an appealing one. With a little common sense a UCO Candle Lantern is as safe in a tent as other light sources, and much more appealing and economical. A Candle Lantern produces warmth in a tent while reducing condensation—try that with a headlamp! Always ventilate the tent adequately, keep the heat shield away from tent walls, and keep the burning candle within sight. The result is a warm tent, plenty of light to read by, and your headlamp’s batteries are preserved for those times when you really need them.
WARNING: To prevent fire, keep burning candle within sight. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Dimensions: 6.5″ high x 2″ diameter (17 cm x 5 cm)
- Closes to: 4.25″ high x 2″ diameter (11 cm x 5 cm)
- Weight (lantern only w/ candle): 6.4 oz. (181 g)
- Candle: UCO 9-hour white or Citronella Candles, or 12-hour Beeswax Candles
|Dimensions||2 x 2 x 6.5 in|